Find us on Facebook

 


GORDON-LEE MANSION

Completed in 1847, the grounds were home to the Cherokee Courthouse prior to the displacement of the Cherokees in the Trail of Tears.  The Mansion is one of very few remaining structures used by both Union and Confederate forces during the Battle of Chickamauga in September 1863.  Union General William Rosecrans used the parlor of the home as his headquarters during that battle.  Both Union and Confederate troops were treated in the field hospital in the house and on the grounds during that battle.  The Mansion is  owned by the City of Chickamauga and may be rented for weddings and other events.  The Friends of the Gordon-Lee Mansion conduct tours each Saturday from Memorial Day until Labor Day, spring tours in conjunction with Down Home Days in May, and candle light tours the first two weekends in Dec.


THE CITY OF CHICKAMAUGA

Small historic town nestled in the Northwest corner of Georgia at the foot of Lookout Mountain, home to the Gordon-Lee Mansion, and just 18 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee.

 

LEE AND GORDON’S MILLS

Located in Chickamauga on the Chickamauga Creek.  The mill was occupied by both Confederate and Union armies during the 3-day Battle of Chickamauga.

 

THE MARSH HOUSE OF LAFAYETTE GA

The Marsh House (circa 1836) is a house museum and events venue owned by Walker County, GA.

 

THE MARTIN DAVIS HOUSE

Originally constructed in 1850, the house was one of the few buildings within sight of the skirmishes that took place the week before the landmark Battle of Chickamauga in September 1863.

 

CHICKAMAUGA-CHATTANOOGA NATIONAL MILITARY PARK
Chickamauga Battlefield just north of the City honors the soldiers who fought September 19-20, 1863.

 

FRIENDS OF THE PARK
A not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting public support for the Chickamauga & Chattanooga National Military Park.

 

6th CAVALRY MUSEUM

The 6th Cavalry Museum, in Fort Oglethorpe Georgia,  preserves the rich military history of the “Fighting Sixth” Cavalry which was stationed at The Post at Fort Oglethorpe 1919 - 1942.